Search for content in message boards

South Carolina Industrial school for Boys

Replies: 8

South Carolina Industrial school for Boys

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 12:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jan 2013 9:30AM GMT
I read the bullshit that Thomas wrote about South Carolina Industrial school and could not belive it. You are full of
shit. I was there twice and stayed years not months.Spent time
in SAS ( special adjustment section )with Mr Glen And Mr Touchberry as house keepers. I ran away stole cars pushed staff down and never got hit nor did I ever hear of anyone getting hit.There is no gates because when I ran away I jumped over a small bush and was on the highway When you get there you see someone in administration and then they take you to Kershaw building untill you get placed into a building with people your own age Rutledge FOR LITTLE BOYS Pickens FOR BOYS a little older MIDDLETON for a little older
MARION for a little older HAMPTON for a little older And finally Calhoun For the oldest boys.I played football and baseball got taken to other schools to play them.Every building had a house Keeper and mine was Mr Vause in Marion and
Mr Lewis in Hampton I never saw a guard there that,s bullshit
We got three good hot meals a day and when we worked in the fields we always had a water boy who watered everyone.We wore army cloths and boots that we enjoyed wearing because they fit good and when we went to the chow hall we lined up two by two and no we didn,t march it was just so they could count us and be sure that we were all there to eat and the people who counted was the two boys that were house sargent,s
We ate and then when our table was through we went out and sat in this shaded area until Mr Cooper gave us work details. We smoked untill we went to work I worked in woodwork with me Hunter and then in the afternoon with the
maintence man I wish I could remember his name because all we ever did was laugh and watch him work.Most of the guys took barbering or mechanic To this day I got my certificate
From woodwork and Maintenance .As I said I screwed up a lot
I even remember cutting dow Mr vauses prize flower that he was going to enter in the fair just two weeks away NO I DID
NOT GET BEAT BUT HE WAS PISSED OFF.I drove the old mule to pick up the garbage I worked in the kitchen as a dish washer
They were metal trays I even tried to run away while working in the field but got caught by a post guard ( A POST
GUARD WAS A BOY JUST LIKE YOU AND DIDNT HAVE A REGULAR JOB SO WHILE YOU WORKED IN SAS THEY STOOD OUT IN THE FIELD LIKE A POST TO MAKE SURE YOU DIDNT SLIP AWAY Everyone had that job a time or two and hated it but if you were me you were posted somewhere so you could sneak a cig I broke every rule never got beat or as that idiot said got a corn run
across my knuckles.I dont see one thing in the report from
that idiot that was true that I remember and I hope the hell he reads this because I was there and broke every rule
If I had had to I would have been glad for my son to go there I would have even paid.If I could I would go back there to where the air was fresh and I found bugs in the fields and were told what they were and flying june bugs on a string and football and baseball. I WAS THERE IN THE EARLY
60S AND IF YOU WANT THE TRUTH ASK SOMEONE WHO WAS THERE TWICE AND YEARS AND TOOK UP A TRADE THAT LATER PUT ME IN A UNION JOB THAT TO THIS DAY PAYS MORE THAN MOST PEOPLE DREAM OF>There is the truth and there is what people want you to belive is the truth

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Braymondpower... 31 Dec 2012 7:38PM GMT 
nhanna189 3 Jan 2013 5:42PM GMT 
Braymondpower... 3 Jan 2013 10:52PM GMT 
nhanna189 3 Jan 2013 11:42PM GMT 
Braymondpower... 4 Jan 2013 4:20PM GMT 
nhanna189 4 Jan 2013 5:05PM GMT 
kthyw19 15 Feb 2013 4:36AM GMT 
nhanna189 15 Feb 2013 6:33AM GMT 
Eviebob79 15 Jun 2013 2:38AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions