Search for content in message boards

LUCY THOMAS abt 1910

Replies: 4

Re: LUCY THOMAS abt 1910

Patricia Pack Schell (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2003 1:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Harold, You must be working with Mandy, if not, you should be! She is doing great work on the Thomas/Turner connection. Poor lost Lucy was my gggrandmother, and before the 1880 census in Transylvania County, I can find NOTHING. Her son that she lived with, Alfred Lewis Thomas was married to Margaret Matilda Childers. They are my ggrandparents. After Alfred died, she took the family to Henderson County. I don't know if Lucy went with her. Mandy and I are working with the same basic family "stories" so I don't have anything to add. My feeling is that she stayed pretty close to Henry P. and family, but after the 1850 census in Greenville County, HE dropped out of sight! The only thing I have to place him in NC was the High Top Petition which he signed in 1860. At that time he was living in Jackson County that became part of Transyllvania. Hugh Thomas and James Thomas also signed it. I consider myself the "orphan Thomas" in Transy because so far as I know there are no decendents of Lucy there. Good luck on your search!!!
Patricia
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Patricia Pack Schell 28 Nov 2002 4:39PM GMT 
Harold Turner 7 Aug 2003 6:14PM GMT 
Patricia Pack Schell 7 Aug 2003 7:30PM GMT 
hazelthomas19... 15 Apr 2013 6:47PM GMT 
Patricia Pack Schell 7 Aug 2003 7:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic