Search for content in message boards

Greenville, South Carolina

Replies: 14

Re: Greenville, South Carolina

Posted: 9 Jul 2013 8:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jul 2013 9:52PM GMT
Surnames: Nash, McVicker, Abercrombie, Stubbs
Lynne, Thank You so much for your reply & your attempts to locate Danville, SC. I'm wondering if u still believe that to be the marr location of James McVicker & Mary Jane Nash? I dont recall, at least not offhand, the birthplace of mary jane or where her parents had lived, but if James McVicker's father was Adam & was born 1777 in Greenvile, SC his moving east to Monck's corner area is not the typical migration route - as i understand it. Would that location fit the Nash side? Am I correct in recalling that John Nesbit Nash's wife was an Abercrombie? Don't guess u've found Adam's parents' names, etc., or Violet ____ McVicker's family name?
Thank You also for the current address for Charles Nash! I was using an apparently outdated one tho it hadn't bounced.
James & Mary Jane's dau violet elizabeth McVicker (1838/39 GA - 1918/19 Harris Cem, Yell co AR) marr 1860 Clayton/Henry co GA Peter H Stubbs from Anson co NC. After a brief stint in NC, they moved to AR - eventually settling in Yell co. She was apparently a very interesting woman - many stories have come down in family & write-ups in local paper. This is my wife Annette's line - Annette's grandmother, orphaned very young, was raised by 'grandmammy Stubbs' (violet eliz mcvicker). She had became a very significant landowner & 'planter' in Yell co - while her husband taught 'singing school'. Many stories! Annette's mother's oldest sister, who had known "grandmammy stubbs", suddenly passed shortly after I had begun phone interviews with her.
Thanks Again!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jerry46Miley 8 Jul 2013 4:22AM GMT 
lynne713 8 Jul 2013 4:41PM GMT 
Jerry46Miley 10 Jul 2013 2:54AM GMT 
lynne713 10 Jul 2013 1:16PM GMT 
lynne713 10 Jul 2013 3:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions