Search for content in message boards

Nathan Lucas Wiggins in Greenville, SC

Replies: 1

Re: Nathan Lucas Wiggins in Greenville, SC

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 7:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Ms. Arthur,

according to the obituary for him that appeared in The Greenville News on 18 February 1906, p.1, Nathan L. Wiggins was buried in Florence, SC: "The body was sent to Florence yesterday and the funeral and interment will take place there today." The obit doesn't mention where in Florence, but I checked our cemetery survey books for Florence and found Nathan L. Wiggins, b. 28 July 1871 & d. 17 February 1906, listed among the burials at Mount Hope Cemetery and Mausoleum. Julia Wayne Wiggins, b. 13 December 1863 & d. 18 April 1908, is also there, with the note that she was "Mrs. Nathan L. Wiggins." According to the book, the cemetery is located at 100 Cherokee Road in Florence. (I find it on findagrave.com, but the Wigginses are not listed among its burials there.) The book was compiled by Connie Post for the Three Rivers Historical Society in about 1993; the Society's website is here: http://www.threerivershistoricalsociety.org/
If you have any questions or need anything else, don't hesitate to contact me at cdulmage@greenvillelibrary.org or by telephone at (864) 242 5000 x2162. Best of luck with your research!

Sincerely,
Cori Dulmage
South Carolina Room, Greenville County Library System
cdulmage@greenvillelibrary.org
(864) 242 5000 x2162
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Margaret Arth... 28 Sep 2012 2:48AM GMT 
CoriDulmage 28 Sep 2012 1:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic