Search for content in message boards

Judge John Parrish: Greenville South Carolina, early 1800s

Replies: 0

Judge John Parrish: Greenville South Carolina, early 1800s

Posted: 10 Dec 2013 10:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Feb 2014 12:18AM GMT
Was he a Judge in South Carolina...or was he an Irish Immigrant (see attachment)

Hello!

I am researching my ancestor, John Parrish, born abt 1779 and married to Avis Massey. They are the parents of John Parrish Jr (born 1805), who is the father of William B. Parrish (born Feb. 9, 1834).

First: I found that William B. Parrish had two other wives: Sarah and Mary Ann. If you go to his tombstone above, you will see that in 1901, he was buried with a woman named Sally. The tomb reads that Sally died in 1894.

William is the father of my ancestor, James M. Parrish. James was born in 1867. For the longest time I was trying to find the father of James, and finally came upon him.
Back to the purpose of this post. According to this post:

John Parrish married Avis Messey and had a child. From other online forums, people are saying that he was a Judge in the Greenville South Carolina area. How can I find out more about John Parrish, whether or not he was a judge, and where his family came from?

Here is the online forum I am referring to: http://genforum.genealogy.com/parrish/messages/185.html

What I found interesting was a death certificate for the son of John Parrish (Christopher Columbus Parrish). The death certificate reads that John Parrish came from Ireland. So I am not sure what to believe, was John a South Carolina Judge or was he an Irish immigrant?
Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions