Estill (population 2,425; land area 12.5 suare miles)
The own of Estill was incorporated September 8, 1905. It was named in honor of Col. John Holbrook Estill, President of Southbound Holdings Co. Southbound was a developement company that worked as an adjunct of the Southbound Railroad. It was because of the promotional developement by Southbound that Estill, of Savannah, Georgia was selected as the name for the town when it was incorporated. The town began as a small community called Lawtonville. William Cuyler (Billy) Johnson Jr. is known as the town's founder. He gave the railroad a 100 foot right-of-way through what is now as the tow of Estill. He also donated 50 acres to locate the depot and station. The town is located in the southwestern section of the county. Major highways through the town include Highway 321 and Highway 3.