Search for content in message boards

African American Harris family in Laurens County

Replies: 6

African American Harris family in Laurens County

Posted: 7 Aug 2013 9:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harris, Craig
My father's entire family is from Laurens County. I have a good network of people on his mother's side but have pretty much hit a brick wall on his father's side.
My paternal grandfather is named Thomas Harris, I am looking for information on his father's family.
His father is listed as both Mosely and Doc Harris. We believe he had a brother named John. John may have lived some time in Charlotte, NC and/or upstate NY. Doc married Ora Craig and had two sons, Herbert Lee and Thomas. It is our understanding that Ora died either during childbirth or shortly there after Thomas was born.
We thought Doc left right after Ora died in 1917, but the 1920 census shows that Doc still lived with his two boys and Ora's mother Susie Craig and Susie's sister Millie Dillard.
We do know that Doc ended up in Philadelphia, got remarried and had another son, Mosely Jr.

If anyone has any info on Doc and his family, it would be greatly appreciated. You can reply here or email me at anissadharris@gmail.com.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
anissadharris 7 Aug 2013 3:01PM GMT 
TheBearsDen19... 7 Aug 2013 3:47PM GMT 
TheBearsDen19... 7 Aug 2013 3:55PM GMT 
TheBearsDen19... 7 Aug 2013 10:36PM GMT 
anissadharris 8 Aug 2013 1:33PM GMT 
TheBearsDen19... 8 Aug 2013 3:19PM GMT 
TheBearsDen19... 8 Aug 2013 10:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions