Search for content in message boards

Mary Doran Garlington

Replies: 0

Mary Doran Garlington

Posted: 2 Dec 2013 1:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
She was the first wife of Henry W. Garlington. Born in 1815 and died in 1852. I have seen the Henderson part of her name spelled several ways as well as the Doran part. I have also seen Mary Doran Henderson and Mary Henderson Doran. It makes logical sense to me that it would be the later as she would take her maiden name for Mary Doran Garlington. That also leaves me with the possibility that her mothers maiden name might be Henderson. I know there were Doran's and Henderson's in the Laurens area. I would just like to know if anyone has info on her. I have a portrait of her and I am her, (I think) 8X granddaughter. I was named for her. My parents went walking in the Laurens Cemetery and found her grave. My grandmother took me to her grave and showed it to me. I am almost positive that it is the Laurens graveyard. We also went out to Chestnut Ridge but I think it was the city graveyard. At the time I did a rubbing of the grave, I wish I still had it. That was around 1979. My grandmother died in 1983. If anyone knows where her grave is, the cemetery listing does not list her, or any other info on her, I would appreciate it. I have several of her lace pieces that she peitet pointed. We also have an authograph book from when she was (we think) in finishing school up north. She was leaving and her friends were saying how much they would miss her. Silk covering but no specifics of where or when. Any info even a lead would help. She is one of the gaps that I have that I most want to fill in. Thanks so much for any help.

Find a board about a specific topic