Search for content in message boards

Pictures of Old Neck Methodist Church in Wahee, SC

Replies: 3

Re: Pictures of Old Neck Methodist Church in Wahee, SC

Posted: 12 Mar 2014 12:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks, Dottie. I really appreciate the response.

We are planning a trip to Wahee as well. We are descended from the Shaws, specifically the line of William Shaw - Thomas Shaw/Truey Wiggins - William Baker Shaw/Sarah Tanner - Elizabeth Bake Shaw/William D. Britt. I believe that some are buried at Wahee, including Thomas and William Baker Shaw, but I am not sure of the others. If you have any photographs you could easily share that would be fantastic.

I think I might have tracked down the old church, although I have not conducted any research to confirm the article I found. According to what I read, the church was the oldest in Marion County and was established and built in 1735 as All Saints Episcopal. After the Revolutionary War it became a Methodist church. In 1780 the church was moved near the Old Neck Cemetery and started going by the name of Old Neck Methodist. The building was dismantled and rebuilt in its current location in Brittons Neck in 1917. The article has a photograph of the church building. http://www.sciway.net/sc-photos/marion-county/central-united...

Thanks so much for the response. If you do have any photographs that are easy to share, please feel free to email them to me at wbritt@brunerpowell.com. But only if it is no trouble.

Best wishes,
Will

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dottie1953 25 Apr 2013 4:02AM GMT 
Will Britt 4 Nov 2013 6:26PM GMT 
dottie1953 11 Mar 2014 3:43AM GMT 
Will Britt 12 Mar 2014 6:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic