Search for content in message boards

Steen, Jones, English, Roscoe, and connecting families.

Replies: 6

Re: Steen, Jones, English, Roscoe, and connecting families.

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 2:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Sep 2012 2:08PM GMT
Hi, Hettie was my grandmother. There are no Native Americans in the Haire or Roscoe line that I know of except for those that born into the family by marriage to Native Americans; being my dad Roosevelt, who was an Lumbee Indian and uncle Buddy Roberts who is a Seminole Indian,I heard. If there was any Indian on either side and it is possible anybody that would know is dead. All the elder Haires living might be to embrassed to admitt it. When they were growing up being Indian or (colored) was a shameful thing.That explains why my birth certificate has white as my race when I am Native American because Roosevelt who I look alot like is Native American. Honestly I believe there is some color in the Haire/Roscoe line. I remember some of my older relatives have some mighty rough course thick hair. My Mom has pictures to prove. lol

I hope this helps. I am searching this out too. Trying to do both sides of my family plus my daughters side. Do you know the names of Hettie's parents and dates of death, birth or residence. I know she live over at Osborne NC before marriage to Grand Pa but I know nothing else about the Roscoes. If I wasn't kin to the Haires and so tight with a dollar and currently unemployed I would pay to search this out. lol Good Luck in your search.

Sincerely,
Sybil Oxendine
sybiloxendine@gmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
James R. Rasco 21 Feb 2005 3:54PM GMT 
Herndon1231 6 Jul 2005 2:05AM GMT 
james r. rasco 6 Jul 2005 10:06PM GMT 
kristiedixon_... 19 May 2010 6:17AM GMT 
sybiloxendine 29 Sep 2012 8:07PM GMT 
scarolina1387 16 Feb 2012 7:25PM GMT 
hsmart4321 5 Dec 2012 10:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions