John T. Stewart, b c 1771 in Newberry District, S.C. married Jane Spence in that place about 1791. The had 11 children; Patrick, Joseph, Elizabeth, William D., Mary, Samuel, James, Jane, John Jr., Rosetta and Elizabeth Jane, last born by 1810. By 1830, these children had married, with children of their own, and started a migration to Newton Co., GA. Although their places of residence were generally near Oxford, their activities and marriages of 2nd and 3rd generation spilled over into Walton and other adjacent counties.
We have considerable information on those families, excepting:
(1) the children of Patrick and Martha Stewart; Martha C. b c 1828, Sarah C. b c 1830, James, b c 1835, Isaac C. b c 1838 and Sarah C. Stewart b c 1845.
(2) the children of Samuel and Rebecca Stewart; Rachel Jane b c 1830 and William Spencer Stewart b c 1827.
(3) I have James Stewart married to Isabel Huett and later residing in Scott Co., MS.
(4) John T. Stewart, Jr. m Dicey Ann Meredith January 30, 1831, Newton and later migrating to Whitfield, Co., GA.
(5) Looking for marriage of Rosetta Stewart, b c 1808, place unknown.
(6) Elizabeth Jane Stewart, b 1810 m John D. Scott in 1830, Newton Co.
Perhaps you are connected to one of these Stewarts and would like to share what you know. Thanks.