Search for content in message boards

William Hilburn

Replies: 71

Re: Hilburns.

Mike Barr (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2002 10:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
I believe you are leaving out a William. There are 3 in a row.
Wm Sr md Jane
Wm A Jr who from what I have may have also md Jane ?
Son Ambros H. Hilburn
William Benson Hilburn.
who had son Ambros N or V ?
This gets confusing because when Sr dies Jr becomes Sr. Ambrose is actually a surname. I have found Frost & Lupton & Joseph Thompson & Pearson families left Frederick co Va to live in Bush River Quaker settlement at Newberry. My ancestor is Ambros H. There are several Ambros marriages in Tn. One is to Peggy Moody in Sumner co Tn and one to Kesiah Waglin in Davidson. I know that my Ambros H. was in Madison co Ark ran Hilburn twp post office for a while and resign 1836. He was also back and forth to Tx and Ark living in Franklin co Ark and Collin co Tx. Does anyone know for sure if one of these Ambros marriages belongs to Ambros N or V son of Wm B. Hilburn?

I found Wm Hilburn in Frederick co Va owning land adjacent to others prior to his being in SC. No other Hilburn data however the Hopewell Quaker records are missing. What is such a wonderful find is that in a book called Frederick co Va: Settlement and some First Families of Back Creek Valley 1730 to 1830 by Dr. Wilmer L. Kerns I found that Joseph Lupton a English Quaker married Mercy Twining dau of Stephen and Abigail (Young) Twining who are from Bucks co Pa. Mercy died in 1729 Joseph re md Mary Scarborough and they removed their family to Frederick co Va west of Winchester near Round Hill about 1740 to 1743. Joseph had children by both wives. Our William Hilburn must have been the Wm Hilborn who was the son of Samuel Hilborn and his Twining wife. Quaker records and Hilborn records always show this Wm as dying without heirs but his grandfather Twining will indicated he was alive. I am checking out how close the relationship would have been of Mercy Twining and Samuel Hilborn wife Twining. I think this family association helps to bind this. Also Ann Lupton b 1733 dau of Joseph Lupton and Mary Scarborough md 1773 Joseph Thompson and immediately removed to Bush River Newberry co SC. I believe I am correct in saying that a child of this union md back into Wm Hilburn's son Levi md Thompson. This is a big step forward for all of us Hilburn / Hilborn.

Benson may be one of the Wm Hilburn's wives names since another grandson was named Thomas Benson Hilburn however there is a Beeson family in Frederick co Va as well as families surnamed Ambrose as a last name. This still needs work.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wagcsa 22 Jun 2003 7:53AM GMT 
wagcsa 22 Jun 2003 7:53AM GMT 
KenBurton32 24 Jul 2001 3:38AM GMT 
qmrboat1 26 Jul 2001 6:06PM GMT 
KenBurton32 27 Jul 2001 4:08PM GMT 
Teresa HIlburn Stevens 23 Sep 2001 7:14PM GMT 
qmrboat1 24 Sep 2001 8:26PM GMT 
Mike Barr 31 Jan 2002 4:39AM GMT 
qmrboat1 1 Feb 2002 6:24AM GMT 
Mike Barr 3 Feb 2002 5:06AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions