Search for content in message boards

Newberry County, Ancestry

Replies: 18

Re: Spillers, George

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Spillers, Ragan, Reagan
Margi,

Here is what I knows from my research on William Spillers who married Sarah Ragan/Reagan.

My Ragan/Reagan research showed that Sarah Ragan/Reagan was the daughter of Rezin Ragan/Ragan,Jr. and Rachael Connell who migrated from Frederick County, Virginia. And she was the granddaughter of Rezin Ragan/Ragan,Sr. and Anne Beaumont who migrated to Frederick County, Virginia from Anne Arundel County, Maryland.

However, the birth year for William Spillers is incorrect because of 1800 Federal Census of Newberry District, South Carolina. Based on 1800 Federal Census there, my Ragan/Reagan research showed that William Spillers was born about 1770/1775. And it also based on the age of his wife, Sarah Ragan/Reagan, and on the number of children in the family too.

William Spillers and Sarah Ragan/Reagan were married circa 1794 in Newberry District, South Carolina. (This county was where Sarah Ragan/Reagan, daughter of Rezin Ragan/Reagan,Jr. and Rachael Connell, lived until her marriage.) They had nine (9) children to their marriage.

I like to debunk the given name," Peter Julius", once for all in the family of William and Sarah Ragan/Reagan.

After all, I am a Julian/Julien descendant from Isaac Julian/Julien in North Carolina who descended from Rene Julian who came to America from British Isles.

This "Peter Julius" was not the original name. It was actually PETER JULIEN SPILLERS! He was named for a very prominent man named Peter Julien whom they admired in early days of Newberry District, South Carolina . And, also this Peter Julien migrated to Hamilton County, Ohio from Newberry District, South Carolina too.

The death year for William Spillers appears to be correct. It is because he was not listed in 1820 Federal Census of Newberry County, Ohio. Sarah Ragan/Reagan Spillers, widow of William Spillers, was listed as the head of household there.

You are welcome to contact me.

-Donald B. Reagan
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
margi451 7 Jun 2012 9:09AM GMT 
dbrbear1949 23 Mar 2013 11:00AM GMT 
kayrisher 6 Mar 2013 2:54PM GMT 
smote2778 23 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
pamela hillis wheeler 18 Jun 2002 6:50AM GMT 
WestenfieldN 18 Mar 2011 5:56AM GMT 
JLLongshore 6 Sep 2011 6:54PM GMT 
ronaldbrownin... 9 Sep 2011 2:37PM GMT 
rsgreg 13 Sep 2011 2:49AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions