Search for content in message boards

Newberry Co., Giles Co., TN and Bucks Co., PA

Replies: 28

Re: Newberry Co., Giles Co., TN and Bucks Co., PA

Posted: 13 Jul 2009 3:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Jane,

I assume that the Miles Adams listed here (in your outline) is the same Miles Adams who was s/o William Adams of Newberry. Yes?

This Miles (s/o Wm of Newberry), and his brother Zackfield/Sackfield Adams, caught my attention because they also removed from Newberry SC to Giles TN, and I was trying to sort out the various Adams folk in Giles. These Wm Adams' of Newberry SC interacted with my Davenports of Newberry. Then a couple of the boys show up on Jenkins creek in Giles. Could you confirm this Miles of Giles is the same as Miles s/o William of Newberry?

BUT,
more importantly....
Could you tell me which David Davenport this is in this outline ( = who were his parents )? I have at least five David Davenports in my file and most "need a wife & family".

Thanks,
Debra

~*~*~*
Some of my notes posted here for those interested in this group...
N
NOTE: William Davenport (d.1805 newberry SC) had given his dauther (Amy Kelly) 350 acres bounded by Jonathan Davenport, Robert Floyd, Samuel Davidson, William Davenport, and David Stephens. In 1824 John Kelly (h/o Amy) sold this property to William Burton.

&
Side NOTE: 17 Oct 1814 - Probate: Last Will & Testament of William Adams, of Newberry CO, made this date, probated 6 May 1816. Named son Zackfield A. Adams, Allen, William, and Miles Adams; daughter Polly; grandson Samuel Adams; wife [unnamed but Estate sale lists her name as Ann & Nancy]... Executors: Friends John Floyd and Bartlett Satterwhite... /s/ William Adams. Wit: Charles Griffin, Christopher Griffin, Frankey "C" Gary. (Newberry County, SC, Estates, Box 1, Pkg. 4) This Will record is included because of the number of Davenports subsequently involved with Settlement of the Estate, and to show the names of the children of Wm Adams.

&
May 1816 - Probate: Estate of William Adams, late of Newberry County, Decd. Warrant of Appraisement issued to William Goggans, Jonathan Davenport, Andrew Maxwell, William Waldrop. (Newberry County, SC, Estates, Box 1, Pkg. 4)

&
Side NOTE: 23 May 1816 - Probate: Estate of William Adams, late of Newberry County, Decd. Account of Public Sale filed by Bartlett Satterwhite, executor. Buyers were Ann Adams (the Widow) [compiler also lists as Nancy Adams widow], Jonathan Davenport, Francis Davenport, Raymond Davenport, Captain A. Maxwell, John Maxwell, Polly Stewart, John Stewart, William Watkins, William Adams, Bartlett Satterwhite, William Eastland, William Waldrop, Thomas Branton, Charles Pitts, Robert Malone, and William Goggans. (Newberry County, SC, Estates, Box 1, Pkg. 4)

NOTE: 15 Aug 1832, Giles CO TN Deed Bk-IJ, p329, Reg. 15 Nov 1832, Richard McDONOLD [McDONALD] of Giles to Miles ADAMS of sd CO, $358, land in Giles on Jenkins's Creek ... Wit: Robert OLIVER, Caleb C REAGAN Aug Term 1832

NOTE: 28 Dec 1832 Giles CO TN Deed Bk-L, p89, Reg 13 Jan 1835, Miles ADAMS of Giles to John H HALE of sd CO, $350, 44ac & 113poles excepting 1ac including a saw mill land in Giles on JENKINs Creek ... North boundary of KERR & PORTER tract Range 1 and Section 1 thence West ... Wit: Isaac A HALE, Isham LESTER ACK: 10 Jan 1835

NOTE: 22 Jan 1835 Giles CO TN Deed Bk-L, p140, Reg 21 Feb 1835, John McDONOLD of Giles to Sackfield ADAMS of sd CO, $225, 40ac land more or less in Giles on Elk River North side and adj the reservation line ... East corner of 150ac Survey in the name of Francis McGAVOCK ... West boundary line of the CUMMINGS tract... in the reservation line thence South ... to Elk River thence up the river with its meanders to Cummings line thence North... Wit: Ch G WILCOX, Phillup MARBUTT ACK: 19 Feb 1835

LISTED: The following listed on 1836 Giles CO TN Tax lists by District...
Adams, Sackfield [Zackfield] Dist 2
Adams, Miles Dist 3
Adams, Saml. Dist 3
Adams, Tho. P Dist 7
Adams, Elizabeth Dist 13
Adams, James Dist 13 [James was marr to an Elizabeth but that seems to be different Elizabeth]

NOTE: 25 Oct 1837 , Giles Deed Bk-R, p390, Reg 18 July 1843(could be 1845), (faint scanned copy need to go back and try to read from film) Sackfield ADAMS to Sarah GREGORY, $100, 2ac land in Giles ... Wm BROWNS West boundary line... center of the Spring ... Wit: Charles BOOTH?, Wm R BROWN

LISTED: U.S. Census > 1840 United States Federal Census > Tennessee > Giles
George Adams 0-0-0-0-1 1-0-0-1 Geo (Proven by deed s/o Robert & Nancy) age 20>30
& on same page as Samuel and Miles Adams!
Miles 2-1-1-0-0-1-0-1 1-0-1-0-0-1 Miles age 50>60 next door to Samuel
Samuel Adams 1-1-0-0-1 1-0-1-0-1-0-0-0-1 Saml age 20>30 eldest female age 60>70
&
LISTED: Giles CO TN 1840 Fed Census (by page)
Adams W. T. 094 [= s/o Robert]
Adams Sackfield p096 [= s/o Wm; bro/o Miles]
Adams George B. p097 [= s/o Robert]
Adams Miles 097 [s/o Wm; bro/o Zackfield]
Adams Samuel 097 [assume g.s/o Wm; not sure who father was]
Adams James p139
Adams Thos. P. p162 [d. by 1 Jan 1844 per deed. Ann was his widow. See Giles Deed file]

NOTE: There may be another (younger Miles) per census records and marr records...
-Marriage bet a Miles Adams to Ann Lewis b: 7 OCT 1814 in Newberry District, SC
-Marriage bet a Miles Adams to Elizabeth F. Unknown b: 1830 in KY
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
debraanderson... 13 Jul 2009 9:21PM GMT 
debraanderson... 13 Jul 2009 10:14PM GMT 
jane_gilbert 14 Jul 2009 1:54AM GMT 
Coyle O'Dell 22 Jan 2009 9:37PM GMT 
debraanderson... 13 Jul 2009 9:49PM GMT 
jane_gilbert 14 Jul 2009 1:57AM GMT 
debraanderson... 14 Jul 2009 11:52PM GMT 
jane_gilbert 15 Jul 2009 2:43PM GMT 
jane_gilbert 14 Jul 2009 2:00AM GMT