Search for content in message boards

Attention LINDA REID - re: Thompson, Wright, Payne, Hutchinson, Harris

Replies: 2

Attention LINDA REID - re: Thompson, Wright, Payne, Hutchinson, Harris

Posted: 14 Apr 2006 10:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Thompson, Wright, Payne, Hutchinson, Harris
Linda, I hope you are still at the same email address. ... I have found out recently that I am a 4th great granddaughter of John Thompson from York, SC who married Nancy Harris and also Cynthia Hutchinson. Apparently he was married three times. Do you have information on the wives, and who each of the children were from the marriages? He was a son of Thomas Thompson whose will was on file from 1793 in York, SC.

My great-great grandfather was BANYAN PAYNE (1800-1878), born in Kershaw County, SC and died in Tipton County, TN. Banyan married Melinda (or Malinda) Ann Thompson, born 1804 in York, SC, the daughter of John Thompson (abt 1775-1832) and Nancy Harris. The date of Malinda and Banyan's marriage was June 15, 1835. They married in (probably Memphis), Shelby County, TN.

Another of John Thompson and Nancy Harris' daughers was Jane M. Thompson, married to John Wright from York, SC. Jane died between 1820-1830 in York, SC ... and John then moved to Tennessee with Malinda, his sister-in-law, and his own daughters, Nancy M. (1822-1883 ) and Cynthia Wright. These two Wright girls, daughters of John Wright, became wards of Malinda and Banyan Payne shortly after their 1835 marriage. Malinda died after having two children, and Banyan ended up marrying Nancy M. Wright, on July 22, 1841 at Tipton County, TN.

I have information on all of their children, as I am descended from their youngest child, daughter Oleander M. Payne.

But, I am very interested to know if you have more information about John Wright's ancestry? I only have that he was born somewhere in South Carolina about 1800. Also very interested if you know more about Thomas Thompson's ancestry?

Thank you for getting back to me on this.

Sincerely, Pat Iverson ... indygrandma@hotmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bigskygrandma 15 Apr 2006 4:32AM GMT 
donedkend 24 Mar 2007 6:01PM GMT 
jcnsparks 30 Mar 2014 9:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic