Search for content in message boards

News article or Obituary for Roy William Shultz

Replies: 2

Re: News article or Obituary for Roy William Shultz

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 11:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shultz
Hello Sandra,

I am so happy to hear from someone from "Tommy's" branch of the family. Thank you for the contact.

Your mother's sister, Evelyn Jane Shultz Butcher, went to South Dakota a couple of years ago, after visiting with me, and I asked her to look for the newspaper article about the death of William Roy Shultz........she was able to find it and sent me a copy. Her is my transcript of that article

ROY SHULTZ DIES IN CAR ACCIDENT THANKSGIVING EVE
Death came to Roy Shultz about midnight Thanksgiving in an auto accident at the edge of White Clay.
William Roy Shultz was born May 29, 1883 in Antelope County, Nebraska.
On April 4 1911, at Chadron, Nebraska, he was united in marriage with Miss Sophia Hansen of Antelope county. Three children were born of this union of which one passed away at birth.
His first year of marriage was spent in Rushville, Nebraska. The next year he moved to Antelope county where he spent one winter. The next spring he moved to Knox county where he farmed for six years. The next three years he farmed in Antelope county and the following year in Knox county.
In March, 1922 the family moved to Bennett county where he farmed for fourteen years. In February, 1936 he purchased a half interest in the White Star truck line, which he has operated since September, 1936.
The departed enjoyed good health nearly all his lifetime, never having been critically ill. The night of November 30 while on his regular Thursday trip with the truck, he stopped in White Clay and spent the evening until quite late visiting with his friends, Mr. and Mrs. Tyree in their cafe.
When he came out to continue with the truck, Mr. Shumway, the deputy sheriff, drove up with some folks he was taking out to their farm, a short distance from White Clay. On the return trip the car struck some loose dirt, rolling over twice. A number of people aided Mr. Shumway in taking the injured to Pine Ridge hospital where Mr. Shultz passed away thirty minutes later, at midnight.
Besides his sorrowful wife, he is survived by one daughter, Mrs. Clarence Johnson of Martin, one son, Thomas of Casper, Wyoming. His father, W. T. Shultz, two brothers and two sisters, all of Martin and vicinity. His mother passed away in November, 1930.
Funeral Services were held Monday at 2:00 p.m. at the Episcopal church in Martin, with Reverend Dallas Shaw of Allen in charge.
Interment was made at Gamble Cemetery. Pallberers were Lowell Schlecht, Thomas Taylor, Arthur Sanders, Robert Hines, Egan Lessert and George Smizer.

I am the granddaughter of "Mrs. Clarence Johnson" referred to in the above transcript. Evelyn Elizabeth Shultz, sister of William Thomas Shultz, your grandfather. You and I are 2nd cousins.

Please contact me if you would like at ksjscrib_city@yahoo.com

Looking forward to hearing from my 2nd cousin,
Kathy Johnson
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
swjmort 28 Jan 2007 10:07PM GMT 
leuigirl 25 Aug 2011 7:50AM GMT 
swjmort 25 Aug 2011 5:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions