Search for content in message boards

Henke in Bon Homme County, SD

Replies: 0

Henke in Bon Homme County, SD

Posted: 2 Oct 2012 2:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Henke, Hirsch
I am contacting you from Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada looking for information on persons that at one time, namely the 1900 US Federal Census were living at that time at Basin, Boyd County, Nebraska. According to that particular Census, they were listed as Daniel Hinge, his wife Elizabeth as well as six children. That particular surname has been spelled as Hinke, Hinka, Henke, Hencke, Hoenke, perhaps several other variations. We have found now that their eldest, Rudolf Hinga was born in Bon Homme County, SD in 1891. As I have been given to understand, Boyd County, NE & Bon Homme County, SD are across the border from one another, I am wondering if that area of or near Basin had any History Books that they may be listed in or any other records that would help in our Family Research.
Further to that request we are given to understand that Elizabeth's parents, Josef & Catherina Hirsch may also have lived in that area. They were becoming elderly at that time so there may also have been Deaths and Burials of the family in that area involved that we may be interested in.
Any help you can give us in this regard would be most welcomed. Thank you much for your attention and consideration. Hoping to hear back from you.
Clarence Janke of Medicine Hat, Alberta

Find a board about a specific topic