Search for content in message boards

Oscar "Buster" Van Asperen 1917-2009

Replies: 3

Re: Oscar "Buster" Van Asperen 1917-2009

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 11:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Raabe, Evers
Hi Alden,
I noticed your 2010 posts re: Rabe, Raabe, etc. I am currently researching Carl (Karl) Raabe for a friend who is a descendant. You indicated that a Carl Raabe may be a brother to your g-grandfather Heinrich F. Carl immigrated in 1872 to Illinois with his wife-to-be, Dorathea Evers. He married her in Illinois in 1872 (source: Carl's obit), but I have not found their marriage record on Ancestry or familysearch. After they married they moved to Crawford Co., MN for a few years. They then moved to Bon Homme Co. SD in 1875, and raised 13 children on a farm there.
Questions:
1) Do you know Heinrich F's father's name and how do you know that Carl R may be a brother? Were there other siblings?
2) Do you know Heinrich F's mother's name?
3) Have you found their place of residence in Germany since trying to find the family in Lutheran records over there?
Carl's obit mentions that his father immigrated a year before he did, came to Illinois, but the father's name is not mentioned nor is their any mention of a mother or the location in Illinois.
If you get this, maybe we can talk via e-mail. I am looking into leads on the Evers line.
jonelson65@aolcom
I live in Hugo, MN.
Thanks.
Jon Nelson
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
VolunteerCont... 15 Nov 2009 3:53AM GMT 
adrabe 8 Aug 2010 10:14PM GMT 
jonelson65 10 Apr 2013 5:08PM GMT 
adrabe 8 Aug 2010 10:15PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic