Looking for information on what became of the Eagle church described below:
"The people initially gathered in a school building that was not large enough for the congregation. In the meantime, the negotiation about joining the Presbyterian Church was held, and the congregation was finally accepted in 1890.
...Brother Jan Mareš donated a five-acre plot, and they began to build, with faith, in the fall of the infertile year of 1890, in the poorest of material conditions—there was no corn in the fields to harvest, so they built. The brothers contributed as much as they could and they found enough friends in their neighborhood to help them. Support also came from other places. Even in the towns of Pierre and Huron, who fought against each other to become the state’s capital, each devoted $50 to get the people’s favor...At the beginning, the church was built without a steeple. Then, however, with the youth contribution and with other donations ($50 from New York through Rev. Písek) they were able to afford to build the steeple. The interior is quite nice."
This description is from the translated text of "Pamatnik" (Memorial), a "biography" written in 1900 of early
Bohemian churches in America. It is currently being translated and it is desired to know if these churches are
still in existence.http://www.cgsi.org/news/2008/10/01/pamatnik-book-translatio...
Thanks in advance for any information.