Search for content in message boards

Clothing Drive For Brule County

Replies: 0

Clothing Drive For Brule County

Posted: 29 Jun 2011 12:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McKee
I found these two articles while researching my 4th great grandfather John McKee who resided in Kimball, Brule co., S.D. and thought that I would post them here for interested parties:

Clothing For the Needy - Marshal Klingaman today made up a big box of clothing to be sent to the needy in Brule Co., South Dakota. John Elwood also sent two boxes to the same place. The clothing was forwarded free by the B., C.R. & N. and C., M. & St. P. R'ys to Kimball, where it was consigned to John McKee, who will attend to the distribution of it. No doubt many a needy person in that section will have cause to feel thankful to the generous people of Waterloo. - 3 Jan 1895 , Waterloo Daily Courier

and also:

Dakota People Appreciate the Supplies Sent Them - We have received the following letter from John McKee, of South Dakota: Editors Couriers:- The clothing forwarded by friends of humanity in Waterloo has been received and distributed to the needs and destitute of Kimball and vicinity. The receivers all appreciate the gifts fully and return their thanks. Many were made happy, especially the children. These contributions will do the people much more good than tracts or God-bless-yous. Yours truly, John McKee. - Mr. McKee also writes Marshal Klingaman thanking all who took part in gathering up and sending the goods there and says: "These acts of kindness towards suffering humanity will ever by remembered." - 30 Jan 1895 , Waterloo Courier

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions