Search for content in message boards

DOMINA, Kenneth, died June 18, 2003 - need obituary info

Replies: 4

DOMINA, Kenneth, died June 18, 2003 - need obituary info

Posted: 28 May 2012 10:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DOMINA
Hi,

I found the following obituary on-line. I am hoping some kind soul will help me to verify the issue date, and add the section and/or page # of where the article appeared. Mr. Domina was a teacher in the school I attended, and this information is for an up-coming school reunion.

Thanks,
Jeff Elmer
Portland, OR.

-------------------

The Vermillion Plain Talk, Vermillion, SD., July @18, 2003, page __

KENNETH DOMINA

Kenneth A. Domina died Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at his home in Ritzville, WA, after a gallant battle with cancer.
He was born Oct. 23, 1927 at Fairfax, MO. He graduated from high school at Vermillion in 1945 and entered the Air Force shortly after the end of World War II.
After serving his tour of duty, he was recalled and served during the Korean Conflict. He married Sanae Kay Kasai on Aug. 11, 1953 while in Japan. They returned to South Dakota where Mr. Domina went to college at The University of South Dakota, receiving a teaching degree. He taught two years in Iowa before moving to the Northwest in 1961. He taught and served as principal from 1961 to 1974 at Trout Lake, WA, was high school principal at Ritzville from 1974 to 1977; from 1977 to 1982, he held the same position at Wahtucna High School; and at Joyce, WA from 1982 to 1984.
He continued his education at Washington State University, where he obtained his master's degree in education in 1969. Upon retirement, they moved back to Ritzville. Mr. Domina continued to substitute teach at Washtucna until 1998.
He is survived by his wife of 50 years, Sanae; sons Kevin Domina and wife, Theresa of Clackamas, OR, Kirk Domina of Richland, WA, and Kieth Domina and wife, Joanne of Ritzville; and a daughter, Keena of Ritzville; grandsons, Kody, Charles and Samuel.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Funeral services were held on Tuesday, June 24 at 1 p.m. at the Danekas Funeral Chapel, Ritzville, WA, followed by vault interment at Ritzville Memorial Cemetery.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Ken Domina Scholarship Fund to be awarded to Washtucna students, in care of Sanae K. Domina.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jeffrey_Elmer 29 May 2012 4:12AM GMT 
ghinessk 15 Aug 2012 1:41PM GMT 
Jeffrey_Elmer 15 Aug 2012 1:51PM GMT 
ghinessk 15 Aug 2012 2:04PM GMT 
ghinessk 15 Aug 2012 2:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic