Search for content in message boards

Otto Hanson

Replies: 1

Re: Otto Hanson

Posted: 23 Jul 2010 5:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Google Pilot.FamilySearch.org.

You can find Otto HANSON & Eva in Roberts County, SD. In 1910,
Otto was 29, Eva R., 19, & Murrel less than a year.
SD births: _ born 29 Je. 1909.
Roberts Co., 1920, Otto was 37, he & parents b. Norway, brother Lenard was 32.
Roberts Co., 1930, Otto was 47 & Eva, 37.
In Sisseton, Long Hollow, Roberts Co., 1935, Otto was 54, and had married Eva OTTO in 1908.

I was not able to find much about Le(o)nard because there were at least two of them in Roberts County born in Norway and about the same age. Maiden names of wives listed were Fred, Klulting, & Ella [?]

I checked Digitalarkivet of Norway online. They do not show any Stencerud but there over 500 Stensrud farms. I think it's likely that the family used both the farm [Stensrud] and patronymic [Hansen/Hanson] versions of the name. In Roberts Co., 1920, There were STENSRUD, Severt, 32; Julia, 23; Bernice, 5; Elmer, 4; Clifford 2, & Myrtle under 1.

In 1935, Severt STENSRUD was 47, m. 1913, Julia HAGAN. Ellis Island has a record of one Syver STENSRUD, 23, from Brottum, Hedmark, Norway, who arrived 24 Mar. 1909, but that age doesn't match. Brottum is just down the fjord from Lillehammer but across the "county" line from Oppland in Hedmark. I also didn't find any Otto HANSON to match. Many Norwegian immigrants came through Canada and the Great Lakes.

Have you tried to find death certificates and obituaries?

What is your source of the information that Otto HANSON migrated in 1887? If it was the Otto born in 1883, his parents must have come, too. I checked BLM +"land patents." There was no STENSRUD for Roberts County. There were several HANSONs, but neither a Leonard nor Otto, so if one was their father, he had a different first name.
--not my famiy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BeckyHanson55 7 Jul 2010 10:56PM GMT 
MarilynRoth58 23 Jul 2010 11:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions