Search for content in message boards

Clarno South Dakota

Replies: 2

Re: Clarno South Dakota

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 9:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
I was curious about Clarno as well. I noticed one of my ancestors, Miles Alonso Moser moved to Clarno, SD from Monroe Wisconsin, where he was working for a Harrison Clarno. The coincidence seems unlikely - and I thought behalf my ancestor was following someone he respected.

Birth18527 DecMauch Chunk, Carbon, Pennsylvania, United States Miles was born Dec 7, 1852, according to family Bible in or near Mauch Chunk

Emigration1856-1862— Age: 4Pennsylvania, USA to Oneco, Stephenson County, IL Miles emigrated with his parents. They settled near Oneco; and could have lived near Rock Grove. In 1870's, they lived in Green County, Wic.

Occupation1864— Age: 12Clarno wisconsin While his father was serving in the Civil War, Miles was working for Harrison Clarno as a farm hand
....1917— Age: 65Lake County, South Dakota, USA Miles moved to the Winfred and Madison areas in Lake County, SD, where he lived with his nephew, Nathan Corning. Miles worked for Nathan on his farm in exchange for room and board.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Robert Clarno 4 Jun 2006 2:46PM GMT 
MarilynRoth58 31 Mar 2007 5:45PM GMT 
francene_grew... 26 Jan 2013 4:46AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions