Pendergraft, Worden, Burruss, Sailors

Replies: 0

Pendergraft, Worden, Burruss, Sailors

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 6:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Mar 2013 11:26PM GMT
Surnames: Pendergraft, Worden, Burruss, Sailors
ISO any relevant info regarding the following individuals:

Isham Lafayette Pendergraft b.1863 d.1900? He was my gg grandfather. He filed a patent for a Siphon Apparatus in April of 1899 in Deadwood. The patent was granted in February of 1900. He does not appear in any 1900 or later census that I can find.

Luella Belle Sailors (Worden) (Pendergraft) nee Burruss b.1869 in Texas d.1945 in California. She was my gg grandmother. She appears in the 1900 census as a widow living in Deadwood (District 25) and employed as a waitress with six children, only four of whom are known to have the Pendergraft surname. Those children were:
Claude Pendergraft b.1889, Myrtle Pendergraft b.1892, Bessie Mae Pendergraft b.1893, and Percy Isham Pendergraft b.1896
The other children would have been fathered by other person(s). Family suspicion is that she may have been involved in prostitution after Isham passed. Later she married a Mr. Worden and they had a son named Clay circa 1904. She was then living in Denver by 1910.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions