Search for content in message boards

Henry Rayman, Putnam County, Ottoville, Ohio US

Replies: 1

Henry Rayman, Putnam County, Ottoville, Ohio US

Posted: 6 Jun 2014 6:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for what 'boat' my great grandfather travelled to the USA so I can locate his roots. In the US Cenus, it shows he was from Prussia and then I found another one that showed Holland.

I don't have much info on him, other than his and his wife's obits. Henry passed in his mid 40s.

5-11-1938
Louise Rayman
Former Lady Of Ottoville, Ohio
Passed Away In Toledo; rites Saturday
Last rites for Mrs. Lousie Rayman, of Toledo, Ohio a former resident of Putnam County, were held Saturday morning in the Immaculate Conception Church at Ottoville with interment in the Ottoville parish cemetery. She passed away Wednesday of last week at the home of her daughter in Toledo. She had been ill for the last seven months.

Mrs. Rayman was born north of Glandorf, Germany, on May 13, 1851, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Doepker. She passed away two days prior to her eighty-seventh birthday. When she was twenty years of age she came to America and first settled in Glandorf, this county (Putnam).

On September 14, 1876, she was married to Henry Rayman at Dayton and resided on a farm near that city for a year following their marriage. Then they moved to a farm north of Ottoville where they resided until Mr. Rayman’s death in 1895. Mrs. Rayman then moved to Ottoville where she resided until fourteen years ago when she moved to Toledo.

She is survived by the following children, Henry Rayman, of Delphos; Mrs. Mary Schwertner, Maidstone, Ont.; Mrs. Louise Brockman, Ft. Jennings; Ben and John Rayman, of near Ottoville; Mrs. Catherine Brady and Mrs. Therese Hardin, of Toledo. Two daughters and five brothers and two sisters preceded her in death.

Died: 3-28-1895
Henry Rayman, Great Grandfather
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ben Rayman 7 Jun 2014 12:13AM GMT 
judyartley261... 6 Aug 2014 6:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic