Search for content in message boards

Flandreau Herald lookup needed

Replies: 5

Flandreau Herald lookup needed

Posted: 1 Sep 2009 7:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McGuire, McAdams, Malamphy, O'Leary, Rice
My great-great grandfather, Daniel Mcguire, is supposedly buried in the Old Catholic Cemetery in Flandreau, having died in 1889. His daughter Estella who died at about age 11 in 1898 is also buried there.

I am at a brick wall with Daniel's family, especially anything about where he was from and who his parents and siblings may be.

His wife was Rosa McAdams who grew up in Minnesota. I do know that several of her family members had moved to Moody County, with surnames such as O'Leary, Malamphy, and Rice also in the family.

I found that the Flandreau Herald for the year 1889 has supposedly been microfilmed. I have no idea if any sort of obit or mention would have been made in this weekly newspaper but if anyone has access to this film and would be willing to look in issues from February 1889, his death date is thought to be Feb 7, 1889. Or if anyone knows any other way I can access this, I would love to hear about it.

I am a long ways away in Oklahoma and not much chance of getting elsewhere any time soon.
Thank you!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mwmangus 2 Sep 2009 1:19AM GMT 
AmyChristine7... 11 Dec 2009 9:55PM GMT 
MarilynRoth58 12 Dec 2009 5:13PM GMT 
siouxlake 1 Nov 2010 3:40PM GMT 
AmyChristine7... 1 Nov 2010 5:57PM GMT 
mwmangus 2 Nov 2010 3:46AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions