Search for content in message boards

"Duplicate" death certificates involving Roberts Co. SD and Traverse Co. MN

Replies: 6

"Duplicate" death certificates involving Roberts Co. SD and Traverse Co. MN

Posted: 7 Jul 2012 2:29PM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Ekstrom
Greetings to all you Minnesotans and South Dakotans! I'm from Missouri and have recently been doing some research regarding the Ekstrom family who lived most all of their lives in the northern part of Roberts County, SD in rural Hart township. I have run into a "problem" with some of my folks who apparently have death certificates issued by both Minnesota and South Dakota. I didn't think this was possible so I am asking for your assistance here. My theory is that some people from rural Roberts Co. SD in need of medical attention would go across the state line to, I think, the hospital in Wheaton, Traverse Co. MN. If they then died in Wheaton, the state of Minnesota would, of course, issue a death certificate. The only problem is that, for a period of time it seems, the state of the deceased's "domicile" - ie. South Dakota - would ALSO issue a death certificate. Has anyone else run into this phenomenon? As an example, please refer to the Find A Grave memorial for one "Mary (Larson) Ekstrom". Just click on the link and then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the "bio" section. You will see what I mean. I guess I could request BOTH of these death records to see what they might reveal but I'm a bit of a cheapskate and thought I'd ask for help first. So ...... HELP!!! I will post a duplicate of this message on the Traverse Co. board.

Tom Nelson, Kansas City, Mo.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=92...
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
TomNelson33 7 Jul 2012 8:29PM GMT 
TomNelson33 18 Aug 2012 6:57PM GMT 
TomNelson33 18 Aug 2012 6:58PM GMT 
MarilynRoth58 19 Aug 2012 11:30PM GMT 
MarilynRoth58 19 Aug 2012 11:54PM GMT 
TomNelson33 20 Aug 2012 9:01PM GMT 
marilyn_roth 20 Aug 2012 9:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions