Search for content in message boards

Death record, burial, obit for Christine Vik

Replies: 3

Re: Death record, burial, obit for Christine Vik

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 2:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Vik
Thanks Judy for replying to my request. I appreciate the research you did and for sending suggestions. I have not yet checked the SD Dept. of Health for Christine Vik's death record, but will do that in the future. I will also contact the Historical Society in Roberts County. Ideally I would like to come up with her obit, with the hope that there may be some clues about her husband Andreas, Anders, Andrew Vik, Vick, Wick, etc. I too have found the Andreas A. Vik in ND, but I am 95 % certain it is not him, primarily because of the middle initial. There are some others out there too, but I do not have enough info on Andreas Vik to determine which one might be him. There is also the problem of the possibility that Vik is a shortened version of Brevig. When Christine died about 1895, one of the children was placed with a Brevig family in MN, and family history thinks that Vik and Brevig were related. I am trying to come up with a marriage record which I am hoping will some info on Andreas. Oh how I wish there was 1890 Census. Family history speculates that after the four children were placed (I have found them all), Anders went back to Norway just prior to 1900. I have searched Norwegian records (digitalarchivet) but cannot pin point him.
Jon
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jonelson65 30 Aug 2012 1:30AM GMT 
judyartley53 29 Oct 2012 12:05AM GMT 
jonelson65 29 Oct 2012 8:14PM GMT 
judyartley53 29 Oct 2012 12:11AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions