Search for content in message boards

Lena Grove, d 1896

Replies: 7

Re: Lena GROVE, d 1896

Posted: 31 May 2013 5:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
No relatives on the Grove side of my family remain in Roberts County that I am aware of. My grandfather Ben Grove's half-brother, Sever Grove, homesteaded and raised his family in Perkins County, but we never met any of them. Ben Grove also homesteaded in Perkins County, but that was before he married my grandmother, and they lived in Minneapolis before emigrating to the Peace River in Alberta. A younger brother, Iver H. Grove, likewise homesteaded in Perkins County, and I recently found he did some time in the SD State Pen ca 1920, but I do not know what for. Both of Gen's sisters lived in Meade County - Nellie died there in 1915, and Josephine married Robert Barry and died there in 1955. So we might have relatives in either Meade or Perkins counties, but we have never met or communicated with them. My only known relatives in the general area are in Big Stone County, MN, on my father's side. If you go the the museum in Ortonville, there is a separate building that was the former Artichoke Lake store, I believe, that was donated by Don Hanson,a cousin of mine several times removed. This building houses his very extensive stuffed duck collection - it's amazing! He has traveled the world to get these ducks, and I think he did the taxidermy himself. It was pure coincidence that my father and I met him the day we were in Ortonville. Wish I could get back for another visit to the area, but it looks to be improbable in the near future.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
montanageezer 26 May 2013 3:34PM GMT 
sunhap1 28 May 2013 3:59AM GMT 
montanageezer 28 May 2013 2:22PM GMT 
@@sunhap@hotm... 29 May 2013 3:29AM GMT 
montanageezer 29 May 2013 3:11PM GMT 
sunhap1 31 May 2013 10:25PM GMT 
montanageezer 31 May 2013 11:01PM GMT 
montanageezer 28 May 2013 7:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic