Search for content in message boards

Speaking of Martins

Replies: 0

Speaking of Martins

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 9:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jan 2013 11:22PM GMT
My grandmother, Iva Belle (Brown) Reed Hill (1888-1979) used to talk about "Matt" Martin a lot. He was a family friend but I don't know if it was her father's family, the Browns, or the Reed family that was such close friends with Matt Martin and family.

My grandmother was the granddaughter of Robert Alvin "Bob" Brown who was himself a son of Jesse Brown (Bedford County VA and the Sugar Creek area of Bedford County TN). She was raised in the New Hope/Flat Creek communities by her father John William Brown. She married 1st Thomas O. Reed and 2nd George "Boots" Hill. Her mother was Sarah Dessie Parker who was raised by the John C Woosley family after her mother died. Her sister was Ella Josephine Parker who married George Hasty. The Parker family was from Flat Creek.

I believe that the Matt Martin she always spoke of was a descendant of the Rev. War soldier buried in Bedford County, and the Martin family of the Fairfield community.

Considering my grandmother's life span, 1888-1979. would any of you have a clue which "Matt" Martin she may have been friends with?

Also, if you have any comment to make about any of the rest of the "book" I have written here....please do.

Thanks,
Donnie Porter

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions