Search for content in message boards

Holloman Family from the Sulphur Creek Community in Benton County, TN

Replies: 0

Holloman Family from the Sulphur Creek Community in Benton County, TN

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 10:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Holliman / Holloman
I have done some research on my paternal family line and I believe my gg grandfather was James Holloman who was born around 1830 in the Sulphur Creek Community in Benton County, TN. His siblings were Matilda, Thomas, Elijah, Harmon, Louis, Henry, and Nancy. His parents were James and Mary.

Does anyone have any information on this family? I have just started researching this family and would really appreciate any information I can get. They lived right next to James M Holloman and Freely Holloman in 1850 so I'm sure they were related somehow. It also appears they had connections to Edmond Holloman in Crittenden County, Kentucky.

I have a cousin who did the DNA test on ancestry.com. If we could get the DNA results from a male descendant of Thomas, Elijah, Harmon, Louis, or Henry with the last name of Holloman, that would be great.

By the way, my gg grandfather James Holloman moved to Van Buren County, Arkansas in 1860 which later became Cleburne County. He married Elizabeth Jane Jackson and changed his last name to Holliman. James died in 1902 in the Pearson community.

Thanks,
Jason Holliman

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions