Search for content in message boards

Keedy Marriages

Replies: 4

Keedy Marriages

Posted: 4 Jun 2007 9:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
I am researching the Keedy family from Bledsoe county. My mother was Alice Keedy, the daughter of Grover C. Keedy from Orange County Indiana. Grover Keedy was the son of William Keedy and William was the son of John Joseph Keedy and Jane Whitley. John Joseph married Jane in Orange County Indiana but Jane was his second wife. I believe John was married in Bledsoe County around 1807 give or take a few years. I am fairly certain that John was one of the sons of Ludwig [Lewis] Keedy. Ludwig came to Bledsoe County from Cabin Creek, Lewis County KY after 1800 and before 1810. He had come to Maryland from Germany as a boy in 1847. His wife was Catherine Welty from York County, PA. I know that John's oldest son Lewis married Polly Boone from TN.
I have heard that the early marriage records were stolen and I am hoping that someone on this board can give me more information about the Keedys. My mother's father died 5 months before my mother was born and we never knew any Keedys other than my mothers sisters.
Thank you for any help you might be able to give me. I expect to be in Pikeville next week to see what I can learn so I will take any advice you can offer.
Regards,
Alice
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
A_Hawrilenko 4 Jun 2007 3:59PM GMT 
tomcarly 15 Mar 2013 7:25PM GMT 
DJones7323 10 Sep 2014 7:55PM GMT 
Alice Hawrile... 10 Sep 2014 8:16PM GMT 
DJones7323 10 Sep 2014 9:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic