Search for content in message boards

william robert payne

Replies: 1

Re: william robert payne

Posted: 12 Mar 2012 5:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
I havenot dtermined the parents of your William Robert Payne, born 1867 in Bledsoe Co. I suspect you might never find his parents. The following info about William Robert was found from census reports.

On the 1880 census of Madison Co., Mo. (near to Cape Girardeau) was listed : Hiram P. Crawford (age 37), wife Sarah Crawford (age 24, Tn.), and their sons John Crawford (age 1) and William R. Payne (age 13, b. Tn.) I feel William R. Payne was your ancestor and Sarah was his mother.

Apparently Hiram and Sarah were married circa 1878 (where ?). (NOTE: Sarah was about 12 years older than William Robert). On the 1900 census of Dunklin Co., Mo. was Wiliam Robery Payne and his wife Alice and 2 children (Bernie and Blanche) and his mother, Sarah Harris (b. 1855).Hiram possibly died or divorced and later Sarah married Mr. Harris. Mr. Harris was gone by 1900. On the 1910 William and Alice still lived in Dunklin Co. and had 2 additional children- a son (name ?) and Bertha.

My feeling is that a Payne male impregnated a young girl (aged about 12) named Sarah and the resultant child was William Robert. I doubt if they married and the impregnation might not have occurred in Bledose Co., but young Sarah might have been sent there to have the baby.

Good luck inyour search. Bob Eddings - no relation.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
debsocks1 5 Jan 2012 3:01AM GMT 
bobeddings 12 Mar 2012 11:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions