Elizabeth "Bettie" Summers married Joseph White 1880 Celina, TN

Replies: 0

Elizabeth "Bettie" Summers married Joseph White 1880 Celina, TN

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 9:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Dec 2012 9:49PM GMT
Surnames: White /Summers /Pratt
Looking for information on my grandfather's parents:
He was Haskel White, born 3/10/1882, in Doniphan, Missouri, died 4/25/1953 Charleston, WVa. His father was Joseph White & his mother was Elizabeth or "Bettie" Summers. I think they were married in Celina TN in 1880, because my grandfather listed TN as his parent's birthplace on his marriage certificate, and this is the only record that seems to fit. Bettie Summers had 2 sisters, Rilda (married a Huggins first (I think) & then Lucian Pratt in 1895) & lived in Missouri & then another sister Norma, who I think married a Baker. My grandfather Haskel lived with his Aunt Rilda from age 5 when his mother Bettie died in childbirth (to a girl, I think) & he ran away at age 13. The only thing we know about his father Joseph White is that he apparently (as the story goes) went to prison for stealing a horse or for arson (don't know when) & he was never seen again. I would like to know anything about any of these ancestors, as they seem to have sprouted from the ground; nothing but dead ends everywhere I look...no birth or death records for any of them. Several cousins have looked in depth too & they haven't been able to find anything either. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Find a board about a specific topic