Search for content in message boards

E. M. C. Renfroe - Decatur Co, TN

Replies: 2

Re: E. M. C. Renfroe - Decatur Co, TN

Posted: 21 Sep 2012 1:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you for the clarification of the name, and that does help. However, after posting this back in 2009, I had found more information that indicates that E.M.C. (b. 1925) was the s/o James "Jim" Madison Renfroe and Girthy Wood, and thus a younger brother to Chester.

In the 1930 Henderson Co., TN census, it shows him as "Emisie", age 4, as a son of Jim and Girthy. Chester is also shown in the household as a son, age 23, and had not yet married.

In 1940, I see that 14 yr old "E.M.C." is still living with James and Girthy, shown as a son, along with Lester, Audie, Jessie, and Olee, who were still at home.

Chester had married (1931) to Callie Leilar Wood/Woods, and they already had 4 children.......none named E.M.C.

I'd love to compare more information with you on these Renfroe lines. We appear to be distant cousins. I descend from John Henneger Renfroe (b. 1843), who would have been a brother to your ancestor, Thomas J. Renfroe (b. 1854). Please feel free to contact me directly at: plabrot@swbell.net

I'm always happy to find a new 'cousin', and would be glad to exchange info with you. I'm particularly interested in confirming the names of Chester and Leliar's children and grandchildren. BTW - Which one are you descended from?

Pat LaBrot
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
plabrot13 22 Jun 2009 3:30AM GMT 
millerjsd 21 Sep 2012 11:36AM GMT 
plabrot13 21 Sep 2012 7:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions