Search for content in message boards

SMALL family surname

Replies: 0

SMALL family surname

Posted: 2 Jun 2012 12:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello. I have the following info on the Greene Co. Small family.
John Knight Small b: abt 1736 in Perquimans Co., NC or Nansemond Co. VA Death Unknown Married Unk
Church MAY 1737 Received into membership at Core Sound MM, Carteret Co., NC on letter from Joseph Newby
Children: 1. Knight (the First)Small b: Abt 1770 in or of Guilford Co., North Carolina; TO GREENE CO., TN; m. Pheby Worley 9 Dec 1790 in Guilford Co., North Carolina
Children: girls and 3. Knight (II)Small b: 1799 in TN, 4. Benjamin Small b: 1805 in or Of Greene Co., TN, 5. Daniel Small b: 1800 in TN. I understand that FamilyTreeDNA testing links that family to the Quaker John Small and wife Alce Hollowell of Virginia, late 1600s.
My Daniel SMALL was b. about 1772 in Virginia, thought to have come to Davidson Co, TN with the Donelson/Hutchings group in 1780 and there Daniel married Mary Hutchings in Nov 27 1797. Eventually they went to Pleasant Exchange, Henderson Co., TN and had a large family. We cannot locate who Daniel's father is, but DNA testing on a living male direct descendant shows that he is connected to this same line of SMALLs as the Greene Co family within about 8 -10 generations with 37 exact markers! There are 3 known lines that cannot connect with the most recent common ancestor (MRCA), but have close, close DNA ties.. If any male descendant of this SMALL line is interested, I urge you to contact FamilyTreeDNA.com and do this test and join the SMALL Surname Project. Until we get a larger pool of candidates, we may never be able to break down this brick wall. And if anyone has done research and knows of possible fathers of my Daniel, please holler! We suspect a Matthew, but no documentation. Help and thanks!
Meli in TX

Find a board about a specific topic