Search for content in message boards

Hannah Leann Adams

Replies: 1

Re: Hannah Leann Adams

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 10:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have it that Nancy's fathers name was King Bull Adams. I have not seen the actual marriage record for Nancy and Abraham Adams but I have seen a transcription of it from familysearch.org and it supposedly says that both there last names were Adams at the time of there marriage in Wilson, Tennessee Jan 7, 1811. The actual record should be available to subscribing members on Ancestry.com because it shows up in my hints for the profile I have for Nancy on my tree but I can't access it because I am a former subscribing member but maybe you can if you would like to see it. At this link (http://www.usgennet.org/usa/tn/county/cannon/chronicles/denn...) which is a manuscript written by R.A. Dennis about the history of Cannon county, Tennessee he writes that King Bull Adams is Nancy's father from King's marriage to his second wife but unless I missed it I don't believe they ever gave the wifes name. "King Bull Adams married the second time and Nancy, the wife of Abe Adams, and a son were born to this union." I made the link to page number 7 where it has this info if you want to read everything it has to say about this and there are also places you can get this entire manuscript in PDF format free. I have that Abraham Adams died Sept 9, 1867 in Dekalb, TN and I belive I got that information from the manuscript of R.A. Dennis or from Find-a-grave.com. The children I have for Nancy and Abraham Adams are Fanny(UKN-UKN) m. John Allen, William L(1811-1857) m. Cynthia UKN, Peter(1813-1884) m1. Elizabeth Baker, m2. Rachel Estes, Jacob(1815-1887) m1. Lucrecia Braswell, m2. Canzada Sellers, Hannah Leann(1817-1878) m. William Carroll Lewis, Mary W(1819-1860) m. Samuel Braswell, and Susan Jane Adams(1821-1890) m. William A Turney. I'm not positive how I connect to Nancy and Abraham Adams yet but my 4th great grandmother Catherine Adams or Keaton was living with them on the 1840 and 1850 census and she isn't listed as one of their children in the R.A. Dennis manuscript so she either got left off there and was maybe their youngest and last child or they may have taken over raising her as their own after her parents died or some other situation that happened. Hope this helped. Richard :-)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
a_soldiers_lo... 6 Dec 2012 6:32PM GMT 
RCTIGER2004 6 Jan 2013 5:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic