Search for content in message boards

Charles S Sykes

Replies: 1

Re: Charles S Sykes

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 6:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
I just saw your message. I'm the genealogist at the Stewart County Public Library in Dover, TN and have been doing research for some people on Charles Sikes. I haven't found much but his mother was Fannie Sykes and they are listed in the 1900 Stewart County census. She appears again in the 1910 census living with a young man named Fountain Green or Fount A Green and his wife in Henry County, TN. Fount or Fountain was a boarder in Fannie's home in 1900. I was puzzled as to why she was living with a former boarder instead of her son. Charles is living with his mother in 1900 and later shows up in Dickson County. The people I'm researching for found Fannie Sykes in an older 1880 census book described as a mulatto. I haven't came across any evidence of that fact, but that would explain her absence in early records. She doesn't appear in our 1880's census book. On Charles death record, the name of neither parent is listed which is fairly unusual. I can only guess they had some sort of falling out.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
vbrunkenobi 5 Jun 2012 11:41AM GMT 
normaloeffler 14 Mar 2013 12:35PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions