Search for content in message boards

Fentress Co. Davidson's

Replies: 5

Re: Fentress Co. Davidson's

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 8:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Dan,
I am surprised I did not run across your post earlier. I visited Tulloch Castle, in Dingwall, Scotland in 1994. It has a nice web page now, if you search it on the internet. Quite the story about it. I don't come from that line, but I think the last Davidson as heir to the castle was female and she married into the Vicker's family. I think the same family that produced the aircraft engines in WW2. I am a descendant of the brothers from Cupar Fife. I visited the country in 1994 with my father. We met in Chicago and took a flight to Glasgow and slept in castle's throughout the area. Cupar Fife is a wonderful pleasant small town with excellent specialty shops, etc. At the time the community was untouched by superstores. I don't know if that is still the case. It had narrow streets and small pubs everywhere. When people there were told my father and I were there for ancestral reasons, they were even more gracious. Even had a couple of pints on the house, etc.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sharon Davidson Reid 10 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT 
lkthomas 11 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Robert Biggs 29 Aug 2001 3:32PM GMT 
danny davidso... 16 Jun 2010 3:58AM GMT 
JWGarrett65 6 Apr 2011 3:10PM GMT 
ericda1714 21 Feb 2013 3:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions