(Broyles, Greeneville TN) Reply to Kenneth Ellis

Replies: 2

Broyles/Gudger

Posted: 19 Aug 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Oct 2001 8:05PM GMT
Surnames: Broyles
Marian,
I have Broyles family in Greeneville, TN. I'm the son of Robert A. Broyles dob 8-31-1927, Jr, grandson of Robert A. Broyles dob 1-1898, Sr, great grandson of Frank Broyles. I believe that I have some Gudger family line also. I don't enough about them to give you any names for them. My father's fifth sister; Mary Brown (Broyles) Tyler told us at my last Family Reunion that anyone with the name Broyles, black or white living in Greeneville, TN was related to us. I do know that from corresponding with John Broyles, editor of the Broyles Family Newsletter, that his ancestors had slaves in Chuckey in Greene County. If you aren't aware of that newsletter go to website:Broyles/Briles Family History Web Page:www.concentric.net/~sgtgeorg/index.shtml. George Durman is the maintainer of the website, but he had to get most of his information from John Broyles. John or Ken as he is called by family and friends e-mail address is:jkbroyles@icx.net If you start corresponding with Ken you will find a wealth of information that he is very willing to share. He doesn't mind about sharing with black or white, just sharing accurate information. Good luck and put me in your e-mail address book.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Marian Douglas 14 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT 
surubaid 19 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT 
mariandouglas 27 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic