Search for content in message boards

Wagon Trains / Robertson Deaths?

Replies: 6

Wagon Trains / Robertson Deaths?

Posted: 22 Aug 2008 10:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hodnett, Robertson
Much of my family research comes back to rely on the mysterious wagon train my g-g-grandfather, R. Frank Hodnett, is said to have traveled on with his mother, half brother, and step-father. This took place some time in the 1850's- 1860's.

The story goes that Frank and his family set out from Georgia for an unknown western location. His step-father, Mr. Robertson, took ill in Tennessee. Frank's mother, M.A.(We only have her initials, no full or maiden name), stopped in Tennessee with her family to care for Mr. Robertson. The wagon train continued on, and Mr. Robertson eventually went on to die. The first record I have for any of them is 1870, and by then Frank is 17. M.A. never remarried.

Is there anyway of knowing what wagon trains went through the Hardeman county area? We know this one originated in Georgia, but no idea exactly where.

Also, I'm hoping I can possibly find a death record for our mysterious Mr. Robertson. He is not directly related, but having his name may greatly help find early records for R. Frank Hodnett.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lydia James 22 Aug 2008 4:07PM GMT 
TNtoTX 24 Aug 2008 9:17PM GMT 
Lydia James 25 Aug 2008 3:36AM GMT 
4xyztogo 25 Aug 2008 4:51PM GMT 
Lydia James 26 Aug 2008 12:25AM GMT 
jwbsboyd 21 Jan 2013 7:15PM GMT 
jwbsboyd 21 Jan 2013 7:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic