Search for content in message boards

John Alexander Rogers

Replies: 20

Re: John Alexander Rogers

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 9:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Please send me an email @ blue.jay2@verizon.net. I have just finished the last part of a supplement on John Alexander Rogers, Sr., for the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) which will be sent off next week. Yes, I have a list of all the children from the three marriages. Letters between the third and first child, wills, land deeds, pictures, etc.

Let me know which lineage you are trying to get. My is from Eliza Rogers (Cocke) who was my Great Great Grandmother.

John Alexander Rogers, Sr. (the one we are discussing) came to Texas with Sam Houston. He was his negotiator with the Cherokee Indians and participated with his grandson (lead negotiator for Texas) and son at the Council House Fight.

I will be glad to provide sources and information for you later. I am getting ready to take my camper out for the week end and just do not have time to give you what you may need in a proper way tonight. I will be back Sunday afternoon and if you let me know exactly what you would like to have I will be glad to share with you. I believe the best way to keep information for future generations is to have it located in as many places as possible.

Currently, I am working on getting supplements approved by the DAR and other organizations on the thirty+ Revolutionary War Heroes in my lineages and writing a series of books in story form to preserve these connections and the stories of my family. There will be six books in the series when I finish. Currently, three are just about finished (final proofing), the fourth is three fourths finished, the fifth and sixth are started.

I am more than glad to send you copies of the information I have and hope to have it cleared so others can connect to it if they desire membership in the DAR or just genealogical information.

This lineage connects with four others I have proved and there is another I will be working on in this lineage.

A fellow researcher,

Peggy Ridley Homer
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Helen 24 May 2003 12:59AM GMT 
Helen 24 May 2003 5:27PM GMT 
Kelly Murdock-Billy 9 Apr 2004 4:58AM GMT 
PeggyHomer 20 Feb 2012 1:44AM GMT 
DruaneM 16 Aug 2012 1:32PM GMT 
PeggyHomer 17 Aug 2012 3:51AM GMT 
MBrinkley0046 22 Dec 2012 3:25AM GMT 
PeggyHomer 22 Dec 2012 5:10PM GMT 
MBrinkley0046 23 Dec 2012 3:01AM GMT 
PeggyHomer 23 Dec 2012 5:40PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions