Search for content in message boards

Greenberry Presley

Replies: 27

Re: Greenberry Presley

C.V.Rice (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2006 10:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Presley/Venable/McKinney/Bell/Carmack/Starks/Armstrong/Watterson/Riley
I have a deed from Hawkins Co. Courthouse I am trying to transcribe and since it contains the name of your ancestor Greenberry Presley, I thought you may be interested in reading it. This deed is between my GGGrandfather and Greenbery Presley. I have left blanks in the areas where I cannot read the writing.

Hawkins County Tennessee Deed Book 35 - #297, 298 & 299

Daniel Venable & Wife to Greenberry Presley
Registered December 16, 1886 at 3 P.M.

Know all men by these present that we Daniel Venable and wife Mary Venable citizens of Hawkins County Tennessee for and in consideration of the sum of two hundred and twenty five dollars the receipt hereof is hereby acknowledged to have been paid by Greenberry Presley the purchaser have bargained and sold and by these present do bargain, sell, alien, transfer and convey all the right, title, estate and fee that we and either of us have in and to a certain tract or parcel of land lying and being in the 10th Civil District of Hawkins County, Tennessee, adjoining the lands of Miss Mary E. McKinney, Harris Bell, the heirs of John Carmack and others, being the same parcel of land conveyed to the said Daniel Venable by Taylor Starks and wife by deed dated April 28, 1884, which is registered in Book 34, pp 23 and 24 of the Register’s Office of said county and state, and were particularly bounded and described as follows: Beginning on a chestnut stump corner to the Carmack land, then south 46 west 23 boles to a stake, then south 44 east 38 ¼ boles to a same corner to Harris Bell, __with his line North 46 east 56 ¾ boles to a stake in the __ mark line, there with said line north 87 ½ west 53 boles to the beginning – entering 9 ¼ __ and 32 __ __ more or less and one the said Daniel Venable and Mary Venable covenant that we are lawfully seized and __ of said parcel of land in right of the said Daniel Venable that at the scene is __ __, the deed of trust executed to Jo. R. Armstrong, Trustee, for the use of Nancy Venable to serve a note of $118 of date April 28, 1884 __ May 11, 1886 with $50 and the deed of trust to W.H. Watterson, trustee, to secure to Jno. D. and Gale K. Riley the sum of $50 and interest and cents both being fully paid and set __ out of said __ money __ __ And we covenant that we will __ and forever defend the title to said _- and every cent thereof against the lawful claims of and demands of any and all __ whomsoever the said Mary Venable joining in this deed for the express purpose of merging the homestead and __ estate which in __ might attach thereto in her forever with the free simple estate and to forever silence any such claims and demands therein in favor of said purchaser.

Dec 16, 1886 – Daniel Venable (his X), Mary Venable (her X) – Test W.P. Armstrong, Jno. D. Riley.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BishopB59 11 Jun 2006 1:21PM GMT 
C.V.Rice 11 Jun 2006 4:53PM GMT 
dianeonichols... 13 Jun 2006 11:21AM GMT 
chicks 16 Apr 2010 8:02PM GMT 
BishopB59 17 Apr 2010 9:59AM GMT 
chicks 17 Apr 2010 2:11PM GMT 
BrianP859 2 Jan 2012 11:10AM GMT 
BishopB59 2 Jan 2012 4:46PM GMT 
reg_IV 30 Apr 2012 6:27PM GMT 
Brenda_B54 1 May 2012 3:51AM GMT 
per page