Search for content in message boards

Eula Mae McNutt: an obituary

Replies: 7

Re: Eula Mae McNutt: an obituary

Posted: 19 Oct 2011 7:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
I just wanted to thank everyone for his or her kind words. Eula Mae McNutt is my grandmother and all who knew her miss her dearly. Reading these messages and others that I have read online brings me to tears. She never hesitated to take her grandchildren with her to the courthouse or to the cemeteries. I did not really understand why she was always writing in her notebooks, going to the courthouse, going to the cemeteries, and always on the phone, until I got older and started reading online pieces of the work she did and the many people she helped. I never told her but I have always been so proud to call her my grandmother. She did not graduate high school but she was and is the smartest woman I have ever known. She taught me how to tie my shoes, tell time, she sewed me costumes for school plays, she was more of a mother than a grandmother. I now have two children who never got to meet their great grandmother. I want them to know what a special woman she was so I get online and I print off these special messages and the genealogy work that I can find that she wrote, so I can pass these bits and pieces onto them. It puts a smile on my face when I am reading her notes and recognize a name she researched as a name I heard often as a child. It helps me to be close to her again. I plan to buy the books Melungeons Footprints From The Past and Hancock Co., VA and It's People Vol. 2 so I can share their great grandmother's name with them. If anyone has any information on any other book she submitted information for I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you once again from our family for all of the kind words.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Glen England 16 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Bill Roller 18 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
darrylgardner 19 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Lois McNutt Epley 28 Feb 2002 6:20AM GMT 
Glen England 3 Mar 2002 7:05PM GMT 
beecherrg 15 Jun 2011 2:08PM GMT 
genpics1968 30 Dec 2012 8:17PM GMT 
KLarkin32 19 Oct 2011 1:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic