Search for content in message boards

Thomas JOHNSON 1866 Estate Settlement

Replies: 2

Thomas JOHNSON 1866 Estate Settlement

Posted: 28 Mar 2012 9:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'd like to ask anyone out there for information regarding the Thomas JOHNSON 1866 Estate Settlement in Hawkins County, Tennessee. It is believed that this Thomas JOHNSON was born ca 1780 in North Carolina. His Will, in Hawkins County, Tennessee, was written 23 August, 1854, and proved in the November, 1861, session of the Hawkins County Court, Will Book# 1, Page# 271.

The 1866 EState Settlement was administered by a Harmon Anderson LAWSON. I'd like a copy of that estate settlement if I could get it. In it are the names of the children of Thomas JOHNSON. I'd like to see what the names are for sure. I'm not sure why the settlement took until 1866 to settle. I'm hoping that I'm talking about the SAME Thomas JOHNSON.

Could someone contact me and let me know if they have a copy of this 1866 settlement and let me know what they know about this particluar Thomas JOHNSON? Or, would someone know of a person who would be willing, for a fee, to get me a copy?

I do know that this Thomas JOHNSON was married to an Elizabeth "Betsy" and then there was possibly yet another Thomas JOHNSON married to an Anna. I'm not sure if this is the SAME Thomas JOHNSON married to two different ladies "OR" if they are in fact two different Thomas JOHNSON'S. The 1854 Will lists a wife, Elizabeth. Then, there is this:

Deed Book 23, page 131. Hawkins Co. TN Deed Office. Thomas Johnson to Sarah, Susanah, Lucinda, and Anna Johnson. 5 September, 1855. Thomas Johnson and his wife Anna for natural love and affection for their granddaughters, they being the daughters of Abner Johnson.

Please help if you can. All answers will be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Sam D. Lawson

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SamD_L 28 Mar 2012 3:43PM GMT 
tornadosurviv... 1 Oct 2012 10:38PM GMT 
SamDL 2 Oct 2012 4:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions