Search for content in message boards

Pent McLain

Replies: 2

Re: Pent McLain

Posted: 26 Oct 2013 10:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Starnes, McLain
I don't know if this is going to help or if you have already tried this, but Thomas Sherman Mclain was one of Ann Elizabeth Mclains sons on the 1900 census. when he got married in 1916 he had a J.C. Mclain signed the marriage record with him probably for a bond. on the same page That Anne "Bette" Mclain is living in 1900 is also a Sarah Mclain who was Sarah Starnes. Mclain. she has a son Joseph C. Mclain that is of an age with Thomas to be the J.C. Mclain who signed with him. Sarah Starnes married Joseph Mclain Sr. So this suggests to me that Joseph and Thomas might be cousins. And that perhaps one of Sarah brothers if not could be the father of those kids. That Annie never married him is probably true as on all the census records up until she dies she states she was single.

I am under the impression that your last name is Starnes also. So you might be related to Sarah Starnes McLain. I know that this is not a way to prove the name of the father but his first name might be Isaac Melvin or Thomas Sherman since she named her first two sons those names. its just a thought.

Good luck
Sue
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hairy12431 23 Oct 2013 5:11PM GMT 
sweeks4609 27 Oct 2013 4:41AM GMT 
hairy12431 29 Dec 2013 1:55AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions