Search for content in message boards

Nightriders of Lake County/Obion County

Replies: 7

Re: Nightriders of Lake County/Obion County

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 5:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am Carrie mother-we work on our trees together. The Paul Vanderwood book is one of the best resources for Night Rider info. I took the Mitchell line of my family and David Alexander Mitchell was one of the original members of the "Anti Draining" group at Reelfoot Lake and signed the original lawsuit. His brother Frank is in the book-he was a Night Rider it seems. David is my Great-grandfather and married Susan Ida Dyer in Hornbeak in 1881- the Dyer family is very prominent in that area. I have some photos- tombstones and such from my trips to Hornbeak with my Dad. The Obion County Museum and the wonderful Miss Marti there has a lot of info and displays about the NIght Riders. My Dad is fascinated with them- and he has always loved Reelfoot Lake. We are doing the family history for him. I am glad to share what I have if you contact me at mitchellsheri@att.net ---the MItchells are hard to track- I have some info but am still searching. Dad did the DNA test for the Mitchell DNA project too- that helped a little.
Sheri L. Mitchell- #1 Granddaughter of David Alexander Mitchell (1857-1908)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sherrymartin1... 8 Jun 2012 8:51AM GMT 
therushings1 8 Jun 2012 8:31PM GMT 
sherrymartin1... 13 Jun 2012 8:44AM GMT 
Carrie_Bisgar... 30 Sep 2012 11:18PM GMT 
therushings1 9 Jun 2012 2:22AM GMT 
rebecca pride 18 Feb 2014 8:30PM GMT 
sherrymartin1... 5 Mar 2014 1:14PM GMT 
tandistory 11 Mar 2014 10:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic