Search for content in message boards

STEPHENS genealogy 1600s-1900s NC>?SC>TN>GA>AL

Replies: 0

STEPHENS genealogy 1600s-1900s NC>?SC>TN>GA>AL

Posted: 4 Jul 2012 11:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: STEPHENS, STEVENS, STEPHENSON, STEVENSON
Searching for information on any of the Dade County Stephens/Stevens line as I am trying to work my way back to the NC Stephens/Stevens/Stephenson/Stevenson lines. Have found these spellings interchangable on several of these lines. I am zeroing in on Washington Stephens of 1830 Marion Co., TN as possible ancestor. Likely some connection to the Mashack/Meshack and Shadrack Stephens line that were in middle TN in 1800s and one Shade was in Dade Co., GA later. Some of Thomas Grainger/Granser Stephens line have been found to be connected to this line. Several are thought to be sons of Mashack Stephens b. 1756 in NC and whose parents were Joseph Stephens and 3 wives, Elizabeth Dyer, Mary Todd, and Anne Dudley. I invite as many Stephens (etc.) males as possible to join the Stephens DNA project as we are making matches and differentiating lines using DNA.

In 1840 census, my Doctor/Doc was there along with Galentine/Galotine/Gallinten, etc. and Shadrack Stephens.

Marion Co, TN; Morgan Co, TN, and Fentress Co, TN are of strong interest in regards to these people, some from SC, some from NC.

With all the new online records, we should be able to keep this site busy with Stephens (etc.) related information. The name has been found back to the late 1600s in America so we got here before the colonies began....maybe trappers, traders, military, don't know what brought us here this early in history.

Can anyone help with this research?

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions