Search for content in message boards

Isaac H. Williams

Replies: 8

Re: Isaac H. Williams

Posted: 15 Jun 2012 8:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
The name of Beanland is very unusual and often hard to read in handwritten documents. It is very often mis-transcribed as Beauland,Beadlan,etc. etc. I can very easily see it being mistaken for Beasley...especially if the handwriting was very poor or very faded. Also; her middle initial was G.(not B.) which could also be a mistake in transcription. Leonard W. Beanland was a veteran of the War of 1812 and died in Maury county Tennessee in 1815 leaving the widow with several young children. According to the late Wanda McKay (who I met online only shortly before her sudden death) Mary G. Beanland married secondly to Peter Williams of Maury county and in fact she quoted on document where Peter Williams was helping Mary "Polly" Beanland settle her late husbands' estate and where Peter was guardian of two of her children. The document is on page 521 of Maury Will Book E. recorded 20 May 1832. An earlier guardian was Joseph Brown in Will Book E. page 45 recorded 29 Aug. 1829.
Mary "Polly" Beanlands' oldest son was Leonard Whitmill Beanland 1801-1871 who married Matilda Bowden; daughter of James and Elizabeth (McCord) Bowden in Marshall county in 1824. He is the one who went to Morgan county Missouri before 1840 and he is buried there. His in-laws are also buried in the same cemetery in Morgan county Missouri. Mary G. Beanland or Williams is there in the Morgan county home of her son Leonard in 1860 and 1870 Census and listed as Williams in 1860. Mary G. Beanland was born 12 Jan. 1781 in Ga. or South Carolina and died 4 March 1871 in Morgan county, Missouri.
Mary "Polly" Beanland had a son Fennell Beanland who we lose track of after ca. 1830 and a son Ephraim Beanland born ca. 1808 and murdered in Panola county Mississippi Nov. 1849. Ephraim married Sarah "Sallie" McDonald and had a family who lived in Panola county Miss. around Oxford. Ephraim Beanland was a notorious overseer for several wealthy Miss. and Tenn. planters (including the Polk family ie: President James Knox Polk) and that may be why he was found murdered on a lonely country road. There were some of the Beanland family (but who?) in 1860 Census Tishomingo co., Miss. The youngest son of Edward and Mary "Polly" Beanland was Edward Garner Gibson Beanland 1813-1869. He married Mary Moores and he and his family lived in Lincoln co., Tenn where Edward died. We had thought that Mary "Polly" maiden name was Brown; but wonder with her middle initial of G. if maybe her maiden name wasn't Garner or Gibson. Also; she may have been a Dooley. Several of the Maury county Tenn. Dooley family went to Lafayette. Miss. and later on to Miller county, Mo. which is right next door to Morgan county, Mo. where Leonard Beanland lived and died. A daughter was Priscilla Beanland 1811-ca. 1870 who married Thomas C. Kennedy and they went to Cedar county Missouri very early. Two more "possible daughters for Edward and Mary G. Beanland are: Drusilla and Matilda; but these two may have never existed.
I also found a death notice for Mary Beanland online in an early day Mississippi newspaper (1871) that says she died at the home of "Lenard" Beanland in Morgan county "Mississippi"....should read Missouri; but I can't find the paper where I printed it off. It is somewhere in my files.
I really think we may have a connection. I know that Wanda McKay had a lot of data; but she passed before we could do anymore than email each other a couple of times. in 2009; but I still have copies of her emails.
Please feel free to email me directly at seedym@cableone.net and remember there is a lot of undocumented stuff on the Beanland family floating around. I like to document and hope some day to see the originals of some of the Maury and Marshall county Tennessee court records.
Till later;
Carl Martin
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LindaStuffleb... 24 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
mcalpage 21 Aug 2009 2:15PM GMT 
jimmie_jimmie 22 Aug 2009 12:40AM GMT 
mcalpage 22 Aug 2009 1:13AM GMT 
msnaptown 3 Mar 2012 9:47PM GMT 
CarlMartin500 15 Jun 2012 2:15AM GMT 
LindaStuffleb... 15 Jun 2012 11:00PM GMT 
CarlMartin55 16 Jun 2012 2:40AM GMT 
msnaptown 3 Mar 2012 9:51PM GMT