I own the following two-volume set of books:
Maury County, Tennessee Cemeteries
compiled by Fred Lee Hawkins, Jr.
pub 1989, Columbia, TN
I will do cemetery look-ups. There are no photos in these books, only interment listings of each cemetery known to exist in Maury County. These books are pretty concise as Mr. hawkins must've done quite a bit of walking to get all this information piled into these books. I purchased these books from the Maury County Historical Society (http://historicmaury.org
) if anyone is interested in obtaining them yourself. The listings also include info such as "wife/husband/son/daughter of..." and other tombstone transcriptions, which I will include in your look-up if it's listed.
Here's what I will need from you in order to do a look-up:
1. Only up to 4 queries per person, please. After I have responded, you may ask for up to 4 more and so on. I just don't want one person taking up all my time if there are others needing info too.
2. Surname and given name, please. I don't want to be on a wild goose chase for all Smiths buried in Maury Co, you know what I'm saying?
3. Be sure your ancestor is buried in Maury County, TN before I go looking for someone who may or may not be buried in this county.
4. Any and all info pertaining to cemetery name and/or town area of loaction, etc. would be helpful for me in your look-up as these books are a total of 865 pages. Yes, there is an index, but asking for a name like Johnson or Williams may take me a bit of time if I don't know anything else about the person, like what cemetery, town area, etc. Also, if you have several John Smiths buried in Maury County, please try to give me a birth/death date of the one(s) you want.
5. Please be patient if I do not get back to you in a day. I'm sure once people read this message, there will be several people wanting look-ups. I'm a stay-at-home mom, and I like to spend time with my family too--Hee hee!
One last note...If you're looking up a McNabb or Hicks person, HELLO COUSIN! The reason I purchased these books was to do my own McNabb and Hicks family research.
You may ask for your look-up either by responding to this message (I believe I have it set to automatically email me when someone responds), or you can email me directly at: email@example.com
I hope I can help someone in their research, as so many of you have helped me in my own research in these message boards.